Recipe Yield: 8
Taste a classic southern family friendly dish in a whole new way! Our Southern Salmon Stew uses Wild Pink Salmon, red potatoes, diced only, heavy cream and rice. To reduce the fat content, substitute whole milk or 2% milk for the heavy cream. The stew won't be quite as thick, but it will still be yummy!
- 1 can (14.75 oz.) StarKist® Wild Pink Salmon, drained and chunked
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup large diced yellow onion
- 4 “B sized” red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme (optional)
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in medium size stock pot. Add onions and sauté until just softened.
- Add potatoes, cream, pepper, thyme and cook over low heat until potatoes are soft (they should be tender when pierced with a fork).
- Stir in chunked salmon and heat until salmon is warm. Add salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook white rice and reserve to the side.
- To serve, spoon ½ cup of rice in a bowl. Top with the stew.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.