Recipe Yield: 6
Get your veggies on with this healthy casserole – even the kids will love it! Our Tuna Spinach & Artichoke Casserole uses Low Sodium Albacore White Tuna with brown rice, spinach and artichokes in a light and flavorful white sauce.
- 2 (2.6 oz.) Pouches - Low Sodium Albacore White Tuna in Water
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (9 oz.) frozen artichokes, thawed and drained
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 11⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated Swiss Cheese plus 2 Tbsp.
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix tuna, rice, spinach and artichokes together in medium bowl.
- Heat canola oil in medium non-stick frying pan. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is just soft. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Add to tuna and rice mixture.
- In same frying pan, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook on low heat for a minute. Gradually whisk in milk and stir until thickened. Whisk in cheese and stir until melted. Add nutmeg and pepper and mix well.
- Stir milk mixture into tuna mixture and combine well. Pour into a 11⁄2 qt. casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 Tbsp. cheese and broil until cheese browns.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.