Recipe Yield: 2 bowls
This no-mayo salad is a zesty treat on a warm summer afternoon. You can spice it up and add extra jalapeno pepper or keep it cool and skip them altogether. Either way, you’ll love this refreshing protein filled tuna salad!
- 1 can (4.5 oz.) StarKist E.V.O.O.® Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 1 tsp. minced jalapeno
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 8 medium size bibb lettuce leaves
- Garnish with pickled red onion and tomatoes
- In a medium bowl mix the quinoa with the red pepper, celery, and jalapeno. Add the tuna, including the olive oil, and lime juice and mix well.
- Divide lettuce leaves between 2 plates and add ½ the tuna salad mixture on top of each plate of lettuce. Place avocado slices on the side and garnish with pickled red onion and grape tomatoes.
When using 1 (4.5 oz.) Can - E.V.O.O.® Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
|Servings Per Container: 2|
|Serving Size: 1 bowl (295g)|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.