Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- 2, (4.5 oz.) cans StarKist Yellowfin in EVOO with Roasted Garlic (not drained)
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup sliced sweet onion
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms (about 20 mushrooms)
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ - ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups sliced Tuscan kale
- 1 lb. Gemelli pasta
- 5 oz. shredded fontina cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in black pepper and crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add the kale and heat for 2 minutes, stirring until the kale wilts.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. (About 11 minutes). Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and then drain the pasta and put it back in the pan.
- Add the onions, mushrooms and kale to the pasta and mix to combine. Add the shredded cheese and mix, stirring in the reserved pasta water to coat the ingredients.
- Gently mix in the tuna and oil.
When using 2 (4.5 oz.) Cans - E.V.O.O.® Yellowfin in EVOO with Roasted Garlic
|Servings Per Container: 4|
|Serving Size: 2 – ¼ cups|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.