Recipe Yield: 8
Can't escape to the tropics? This salad will make you feel like you are there!
- 2 (5 oz.) Cans - Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, (or NEW Low Sodium Solid White Albacore Tuna) drained
- 21⁄2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped jicama
- 1 mango (1⁄2 diced for salad and 1⁄2 sliced for garnish)
- 4 avocados, halved
- Cilantro and lime juice to taste
- Leaf lettuce, if desired
- In a medium bowl mix mayonnaise and chipotle pepper well. Add tuna, jicama and diced mango and mix well.
- Cut avocados in half and remove seed. Hollow out slightly if needed.
- Place tuna salad in avocado half and sprinkle with a little fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro. Place on lettuce-lined plate with mango slices as a garnish.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.