Tuna Tailgating Sliders
What is an alTUNAtive?
Tuna is an incredibly versatile protein and can be swapped for other proteins. It works well in many of your favorite recipes and can be a great way to lower the fat and cholesterol and add those heart healthy omega-3's to your favorite recipes.
Tuna is also a great way to "mix it up" a bit! It's a nice way to jazz up your recipes and add some fun flavors to your favorite dishes.
We've shown you some examples of how the nutritional profiles* and flavors change with some of our favorite recipes. Now it's your turn! Share your favorite alTUNAtives with us – we love to see your creativity!
Complete Nutritional Information
Recipe based on comparison of tuna and 10% lean ground beef, pan browned.
Nutritional comparisons are done using the same recipe only with the tuna swapped for the alternate protein. No other changes to the recipes were made so the comparison would be as accurate as possible. All nutritional analyses are completed using Genesis SQL Version 9.7.2.
Recipe Yield: 6
Add a little spice to your family tailgate.
- 2 (2.6 oz.) Pouches - Low Sodium Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 3⁄4 cup bread crumbs, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- 1⁄2 cup fat free mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped scallions
- 1⁄8 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 6 slider buns
- Lettuce and tomato for garnish (optional)
- Chopped avocado and cilantro (optional)
- Combine tuna, 1⁄2 cup bread crumbs, cheese, mayonnaise, onion and egg substitute in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Mix mayonnaise and chipotle peppers well.
- Add to tuna mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Form into 6 patties (~1⁄4 cup mixture per patty); place remaining 1⁄4 cup bread crumbs on a plate.
- Coat each side of the patty with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook patties 3 – 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Place tuna patty on slider bun with lettuce and tomato if desired.
- Top with a slice of avocado and a little chopped cilantro if desired.
|Servings Size 1 slider|
|Servings Per Container 6|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%|
|Calories from Fat||60|