Recipe Yield: 6
Meal prep your breakfast with these Spicy Tuna Muffin Cakes! These are made with Chunk Light Tuna, peppers, onion, breadcrumbs, spices and eggs. Just bake to perfection and top with shredded cheese.
- 2 (6.4 oz.) Pouches - Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese + additional for topping
- 3⁄4 cup bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- 1⁄4–1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place tuna, onion, peppers, cheese, bread crumbs and spices in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix until well combined.
- Place 1⁄4 cup in muffin tin cups and pat down.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until hot (150°F). Top each muffin with 1 tsp. of shredded cheese and place back in oven for 1–2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
When using 2 (6.4 oz.) Pouches - Chunk Light Tuna in Water
|Servings Per Container: 6|
|Serving Size: 2 cakes|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.