Black Bean and Pepper Tuna Salad
Filling, flavorful and healthy – you won’t miss the salt!
Created By: StarKist
- 2 pouches (2.6 oz.) StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna, Low Sodium
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 green onions sliced diagonally, white and green parts
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. cumin
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Blend lime juice, canola oil and cumin in a separate small bowl. Toss dressing with tuna and vegetable mixture. Stir in chopped cilantro.
- Let stand in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight to let the flavors blend together.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.