Recipe Yield: 8
Serve with a crusty roll for a hearty lunch!
- 1 (6.4 oz.) Pouch - Albacore White Tuna in Water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans (cannellini)
- 1⁄2 cup dry orzo (or other small pasta)
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 oz. fresh spinach (about 2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. prepared pesto
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery and cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in white beans, orzo and chicken broth and cook for 7 – 8 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in pesto and tuna. Add spinach and stir until just wilted.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese as desired.
|Servings Per Container: 8|
|Serving Size: about 11⁄4 cup (286g)|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
|Includes Added Sugars|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.