Recipe Yield: 4
This easy Brown Rice and Tuna Salad recipe is full of colorful vegetables that have been sautéed, seasoned and blended with fluffy rice. Add Low Sodium White Albacore Tuna to make this a healthy dinner ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 2 (2.6 oz.) Pouches - Low Sodium White Albacore Tuna in Water
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup lentils, uncooked
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook lentils in water for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet. Sauté garlic, onion and carrot 2 – 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and cook until vegetables are just soft.
- Place brown rice in a bowl and mix in lentils, sautéed vegetables and tuna. Stir in parsley, thyme and black pepper to taste.
Recipe Nutrition Information
When using 2 (2.6 oz.) Pouches - Low Sodium Albacore White Tuna in Water
|Servings Per Container: 4|
|Serving Size: (298g)|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
|Includes Added Sugars|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.