Tuna Calzones Vs. Sausage Calzones
What is an alTUNAtive?
Tuna is an incredibly versatile protein and can be swapped for other proteins. It works well in many of your favorite recipes and can be a great way to lower the fat and cholesterol and add those heart healthy omega-3's to your favorite recipes.
Tuna is also a great way to "mix it up" a bit! It's a nice way to jazz up your recipes and add some fun flavors to your favorite dishes.
We've shown you some examples of how the nutritional profiles* and flavors change with some of our favorite recipes. Now it's your turn! Share your favorite alTUNAtives with us — we love to see your creativity!
Complete Nutritional Information
Serving Size 1 FOOD (XXXg)
Recipe based on comparison of tuna and XXg lean ground beef pan browned. All other ingredients unchanged.
Nutritional comparisons are done using the same recipe only with the tuna swapped for the alternate protein. No other changes to the recipes were made so the comparison would be as accurate as possible. All nutritional analyses are completed using Genesis SQL Version 9.7.2.
Recipe Yield: 4
Craving a Friday Night Calzone recipe? Swap out the sausage for a tasty alTUNAtive. Try our Albacore Tuna calzone with red pepper and artichoke hearts. You'll never miss the meat!
- 1 (6.4 oz.) Pouch - Albacore Tuna in Water
- 1 (10.8 oz.) pkg. large refrigerated biscuits or 1 pkg. (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pasta sauce
- 1⁄4 cup diced fresh red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced canned artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl mix tuna, red peppers and artichokes.
- Remove biscuits from package and spread out each biscuit to a 4 inch circle. (If using pizza dough, roll out on cookie sheet into a rectangle and cut into 4 equal pieces.)
- Spread each biscuit with about 2 Tbsp. pasta sauce.
- Divide tuna mixture evenly on the center of each biscuit circle. Top with 1-1⁄2 to 2 Tbsp. cheese. Fold each circle and pinch the ends together.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired; bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown.
When using 1 (6.4 oz.) Pouch - Albacore White Tuna in Water
|Servings Per Container: 4|
|Serving Size: 1 calzone (210g)|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.