Recipe Yield: 4
Fresh and zesty – a twist on a Southwestern classic
- 1 (6.4 oz.) Pouch - Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, juiced
- Optional: chopped fresh cilantro, sliced scallions, tortilla strips and cheddar jack cheese to garnish
- Mix broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes and garlic in a medium saucepan. Stir in cumin and red pepper. flakes. Heat on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tuna and lime juice and heat until tuna is warm.
- Serve in bowls garnished with cilantro, scallions, cheese and tortilla strips as desired.
When using 1 (6.4 oz.) Pouch - Chunk Light Tuna in Water
|Servings Per Container: 4|
|Serving Size: about 1-¼ cups (320g)|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.