Recipe Yield: 6 sliders
A spicy snack while cheering on your favorite team!
- 2 pouches (2.6 oz.) StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna, 25% less sodium
- ¾ cup bread crumbs, divided
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- ½ cup fat free mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped scallions
- 1/8 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Chipotle Peppers packed in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 6 slider buns
- Lettuce and tomato for garnish (optional)
- Avocado and cilantro (optional)
- 1. Combine tuna, ½ cup bread crumbs, cheese, mayonnaise, onion and egg substitute in a medium bowl; mix well
- 2. Mix mayonnaise and Chipotle peppers well. Add to tuna mixture and combine thoroughly. 3. Form into 6 patties (~1/4 cup mixture per patty); place remaining ¼ cup bread crumbs on a plate. Coat each side of the patty with bread crumbs.
- 4. Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook patties 3 to 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- 5. Place tuna patty on slider bun with a lettuce and tomato as desired. Top with avocado and chopped cilantro if desired.
- Alternate cooking directions: Preheat oven to 425ºF. 5. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray; place patties on baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes on one side. Flip and bake for 10 minutes on the other side or until lightly browned.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
|Includes Added Sugars||1g||2%|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.