Recipe Yield: 16
The perfect pastry for all meals! These Tuna Empanadas are made with Chunk Light Tuna, spices, tomatoes and cheese. Just spoon the mixture into sections of a pie crust, fold and seal, then bake until golden brown.
- 2 (6.4 oz.) Pouches - Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with chilies, drained well
- 11⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix tuna in a bowl with cumin, chili powder, drained tomatoes and cheese.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut into 8 pieces each. Form into circles about 31⁄2 inches in diameter.
- Place about 1⁄4 cup of the tuna mixture in the center of each circle. Fold in half and seal the edges. (Can be made up to this point and frozen.)
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake until golden brown about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.