Recipe Yield: 4
Our Salmon Croquettes in a Spicy Tomato Sauce, made with our Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon, are delicious and easy to fix. Great for a quick fall dinner that your family will love. Cut a loaf of crusty bread to soak up the leftover sauce!
- 2 Cans (14.75 oz.) StarKist® Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon in Water, drained and cleaned (about 25 oz. total)
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs + ¼ cup bread crumbs seasoned with salt and pepper, reserved.
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 Tbsp. diced yellow onion
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Place cleaned salmon (remove large bones and skin) in large bowl and break apart. Add in onion, garlic chili powder, parsley and ¼ cup bread crumbs and mix to combine.
- Stir in eggs and combine well.
- Place remaining ¼ bread crumbs on large plate.
- Take ¼ cup mixture and form into 12 pyramids. Roll in bread crumbs and cover completely.
- Place on prepared sheet pan and spray lightly with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Place 3 croquettes on a plate on top of spicy tomato sauce (recipe follows)
- Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Place tomatoes, onion, garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper and anchovy paste in a food processor and blend thoroughly.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat over low heat until hot. Adjust spices to make it as hot or mild as you like.
2 Cans, 14.75 oz. drained StarKist® Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon in Water
|Servings Per Container: 4|
|Serving Size: 3 croquettes|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.