Recipe Yield: 4, 1 cup servings
The flavor in this salad intensifies over time. If you can, make it a day ahead for maximum flavor. The dressing is optional but adds an extra burst of zesty lemon flavor.
- 2, (4.5 oz.) cans StarKist E.V.O.O.® Yellowfin Tuna in EVOO with Lemon Dill
- 1 can, 15.5 oz. cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup pickled red onions
- ½ cup canned artichoke hearts, diced
- ½ cup microgreens
- Bibb lettuce (8 medium leaves)
- Drizzle with lemon juice for extra flavor or for even more flavor try this dressing.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. sugar or honey
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- To make the salad:
- Place cannellini beans, onion, and artichokes in a large bowl and toss together.
- Break the tuna in pieces and add it and the oil from the can in with the beans and vegetables. Toss gently, being careful to leave the large pieces of tuna intact.
- Drizzle with the dressing and gently combine.
- Add the microgreens and mix carefully. (If making ahead, hold the microgreens and mix them in right before serving.
- Place 2 pieces of lettuce on each plate. Add ½ cup of the salad on top of each piece of lettuce. Alternatively, line a medium bowl with the lettuce leaves and place the salad on top.
- To make the dressing:
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, place the extra virgin olive oil. Whisk in the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, sugar, and pepper. Whisk until the dressing combines well and drizzle over the salad.
When using 2 (4.5 oz.) Cans - E.V.O.O.® Yellowfin Tuna in EVOO with Lemon Dill
|Servings Per Container: 4|
|Serving Size: 1 cup|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.