Recipe Yield: 15
Give your Friday night a little kick with this twist on a classic treat. Our Jalapeño Tuna Poppers are stuffed with Chunk Light Tuna, cream cheese and herbs, then breaded and baked until lightly browned.
- 1 (6.4 oz.) Pouch - Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 - 1⁄2 cups cheddar jack cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin
- 15 jalapeño peppers
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl mix tuna, softened cream cheese, cheddar jack cheese, garlic and spices until well blended.
- Cut jalapeños lengthwise, halfway through and across the top partway through. Clean the seeds out with a gloved finger.
- Take 1 - 1 1⁄2 tsp. of the tuna mixture and stuff the inside of each pepper, then push closed. (The pepper should stay shut.)
- Dip the pepper in egg and coat thoroughly, then dip in the breadcrumb mixture and set on a cutting board to dry.
- Dip for a second time in the egg mixture and bread crumb mixture and place on a cookie sheet, sprayed or brushed lightly with cooking oil. Spray top and sides of the peppers lightly with oil.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.