Creamy Lemon Tuna and Pasta
A light springtime dinner – elegant, but simple.
Created By: StarKist
- 2 cans (4.5 oz) StarKist Selects® Yellowfin Tuna Fillet in Olive Oil, Lemon Dill
- 1 tsp. Canola Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup sliced red peppers
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups skim milk
- 10 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 lb. pasta such as farfalle or penne
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain and mix in spinach to wilt.
- While the pasta is boiling, heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onion and red pepper and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove red pepper and hold on a separate plate.
- Mix milk with cornstarch and add to the onions and peppers and continue stirring until thickened. (Do not allow to boil)
- Add milk mixture to the pasta and spinach and stir in tuna.
- Serve while hot.