Recipe Yield: 8 appetizer or 2 dinner servings
A Southwestern tradition with a twist! Try these spicy tuna corn cakes for dinner or as a fun summer party appetizer!
- 2 (2.6 oz.) pouches StarKist Tuna Creations® BOLD Jalapeño
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup drained canned corn, low sodium
- ¼ cup milk, low fat
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (adjust per taste)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. canola or peanut oil
- Salt to taste
- Place tuna in medium bowl. Add onions, eggs, corn and milk; blend together well.
- In a small bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda and cayenne pepper. Add to the tuna mixture and blend well. Stir in Cilantro. (mixture will be wet and thick)
- Heat oil in a medium skillet until hot. Drop by spoonful onto hot skillet and pat down to flatten. Cook approximately 1-2 minutes on each side (until browned and cooked through; may require additional time if thicker patties).
- Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream if desired.
When using 2 (2.6 oz.) pouches StarKist Tuna Creations® BOLD Jalapeño
|Servings Per Container: 2|
|Serving Size: 1 cake|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.