“Chicken Creations™ Crew” Contest
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ANY PROMOTION IS NOT SPONSORED BY, ENDORSED BY, ADMINISTERED BY OR OTHERWISE ASSOCIATED OR AFFILIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
- Timing: The “Chicken Creations™ Crew” Contest (the “Contest”) begins on July 23, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on September 2, 2018, at 11:59 a.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- 2.Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence. Employees of StarKist Co., and any of its affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, in-laws, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Contest constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and by the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- How to Enter: During the Contest Period: (a) create an “audition video” showing your love for the StarKist brand and excitement for the new Chicken Creations™ pouches; (b) follow StarKist on Facebook; and (c) post your video to StarKist’s Facebook Timeline or in the comment section of StarKist’s contest-related posts, together with both of the hashtags #ChickenCreationsCrewContest and #StarKist (“Required Hashtags”) in accordance with the below instructions. Your video, together with the Required Hashtags, are collectively referred to as your “Submission”.
All Submissions must comply with the Submission Requirements and Submission Guidelines below set forth.Any Submission that does not comply with these guidelines will not be eligible to win a prize in the Contest and the submitting entrant may be disqualified from the Contest at the discretion of Sponsor.No notice or opportunity to correct a Submission will be given.All decisions about the eligibility of any particular Submission will be made at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and are final and binding in all respects.
Submission Requirements: Visit http://facebook.com and log into or create a Facebook account using your valid email address that you select to use for your Facebook account. Creating an account is free, but the use of Facebook is governed by its terms of service (available at https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms). Then, “like” StarKist on Facebook. Follow the instructions to post your Submission on the StarKist Facebook timeline or in the comments section on Sponsor’s Facebook page, including the Required Hashtags. Your account settings must be set to “unprotected” and/or “public” in order for your Facebook posts to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents. Posting a photo, video or text on Facebook from your mobile device may incur message and data rates. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans.
Each video must meet the following format requirements:
- Recommended video dimensions are 1280 x 720 for landscape and square;
- Minimum dimensions are 600 x 315 (1.9:1 landscape) or 600 x 600 (square);
- Landscape aspect ratio is 16:9;
- Square aspect ratio is 1:1;
- Max video file size is 4GB;
- Recommended video formats are .MP4 and .MOV; and
- Video maximum length is two (2) minutes.
The Submission must not:
- Have been submitted previously in a Contest of any kind;
- Contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Disparage Sponsor or any person or party affiliated with the Contest and administration of this Contest;
- Feature (other than incidental use) brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor;
- Contain text or imagery that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Contain text or imagery that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Contain the image of any minor without the explicit permission of his/her legal guardian; or
- Contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where submission is created.
Once you complete these steps, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into Contest. Limit: One (1) entry per person during the Contest Period. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of participant and voiding of all of participant’s entries. In the event of a dispute as to any Facebook accounts or email addresses, the authorized account holder of the email addresses used to register at Facebook.com for such email addresses will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Winner Selection and Notification: On or around September 10, a panel of qualified judges comprised of two (2) representatives from Sponsor and two (2) representatives from Administrator, as determined by Sponsor and Administrator in their sole discretion, will select three (3) potential prize finalists with the highest-scoring Submission from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”), each of which will be scored on a scale of 1-5 (with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest score):
- Admiration for the StarKist® brand, Charlie®, and/or Candace Cameron Bure; and
- Excitement for the new Chicken Creations™ pouches.
The top scoring three (3) entries will be selected as the potential grand prize winners.In the event of a tie, an additional, qualified judge from Sponsor will be brought in to select the potential winners from among the top-scoring entries.
Potential winners will be notified by email or telephone on or about September 10, 2018. Except where prohibited, each potential winner may be required to sign and return to the Sponsor, within ten (10) days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release, in order to claim his/her prize.If a potential winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) days of the first attempt to contact him/her or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize, and an alternate participant will be selected in his/her place
- Prize: THREE (3) GRAND PRIZES: Three (3) Grand Prize winners will each receive (a) a check in the amount of five thousand dollars ($5,000) and (b) a prize package consisting of StarKist Chicken Creations™ pouches, StarKist hat, t-shirt, tumbler, and “Charlie” glasses (via Warby Parker gift card). Winners will also be supplied with additional StarKist product, t-shirts, tumblers and potentially other StarKist items to share with their family and friends. Each winner will be asked to take a photo/video demonstrating his/her position as an active ambassador. Such video must be provided to Sponsor and approved in writing, after which it shall be on the winners’ social media platforms and Sponsor’s social media platforms WITH THE HASHTAG #SPONSORED. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $5,500. Total ARV of all prizes: $16,500. FOR ALL PRIZES: No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. Limit: One (1) prize package per person. Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules in order to claim a prize.
- Publicity: By entering the Contest and/or accepting prizes, each entrant grants to Sponsor (and its licensees and partners) a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future, and otherwise use entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, submission and any other information or materials provided by entrant, in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised, without territorial restriction (except where prohibited by law), for possible editorial, publicity, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). All Submissions, including Submission file and content, if applicable, will become the property of Sponsor, and may be used by Sponsor for commercial purposes without payment of any kind to the participating entrants. Each entrant agrees to irrevocably and unconditionally transfer and assign to Sponsor all rights to all information submitted during the Contest, and agrees to execute and deliver such documents, certificates, assignments and other writings, and take such other actions as may be necessary or desirable to vest in Sponsor the ownership rights granted to Sponsor hereunder.
- General Conditions: Sponsor is not responsible for problems with the submissions, including, but not limited to, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Contest at any time, and select the winner(s) from the eligible entries received prior to the modification, suspension, or cancellation. Sponsor agrees to take such action in a fair and appropriate manner. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Contest, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any other participant’s submission or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitation of Liability: BY RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, FACEBOOK, INC. AND ANY PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OF EACH OF THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AFFILIATE AND RELATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND ARISING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Contest submissions, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (4), late, lost, undeliverable, or damaged mail; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. Each winner also further acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Contest including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. If for any reason a participant’s submission is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, participant’s sole remedy is another submission and thereby another entry into the Contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Sponsor: StarKist Co. 225 North Shore Drive, Suite 400, Pittsburgh, PA 15212.
- Administrator: Gatesman, 444 Liberty Avenue, Suite 700, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Winner List: For each winner's name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with a request to “StarKist® Chicken Creations™ Crew” Contest, Attn: Gatesman, 444 Liberty Avenue, Suite 700, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. Requests must be received by November 13, 2018.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Information is being provided to Sponsor, not Facebook.