Recipe Yield: 4
These Sweet Potato Tuna Boats made with StarKist® Solid Light Skipjack Tuna in Water are packed with protein and flavor.
- 2 cans (5 oz.) StarKist® Solid Light Skipjack Tuna in Water, drained
- 4 medium size sweet potatoes
- ½ cup frozen or canned corn
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup diced red pepper (small dice)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Pierce sweet potatoes then place in oven and bake for 30 – 40 minutes until knife inserts without resistance. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile mix together tuna, corn, beans, red pepper, chipotle pepper, cilantro, lime zest and lime juice.
- Cut the top third, lengthwise, off each sweet potato. Scoop out part of the inside to make a bowl. Cut up removed sweet potato and gently mix ~1/2 into the tuna mixture.
- (Reserve the other half for mashed sweet potatoes for another meal).
- Scoop tuna mixture into the sweet potato boats. Top with 1 – 2 Tbsp. cheese.
- Place back in the oven and cook for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Recipe Nutrition Information
When using 2 cans (5 oz.) StarKist® Solid Light Skipjack Tuna in Water, drained
|Servings Per Container: 4|
|Serving Size: 276g|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
|Includes Added Sugars||0g||0%|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.