Recipe Yield: 8
Jazz up your weeknights with this zesty take on a southwestern bean and tuna casserole
- 2 cans (12 oz. each) StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Oil, drained
- 1 cup Clamato®, Picante Juice
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 can (14.75 oz.) fire roasted corn
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup diced red peppers
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fried tortilla strips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix Clamato® juice, tomato paste, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and paprika in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and sauté onion and red pepper until just softened.
- In a large bowl mix together tuna, corn, tomatoes, beans, onion, peppers, and rice.
- Mix in the Clamato® juice mixture and place in a 13x9 pan. Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, until hot throughout.
- Top with cheese and tortilla strips and serve.
|Servings Per Container: 8|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.