Recipe Yield: 6
This delicious tuna and Clamato juice twist on a classic is sure to become a family favorite!
- 2 cans, (12 oz. each) StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water, drained
- 2 cups The Original Clamato® juice + ½ cup
- 1 cup white rice
- 6 green peppers + ½ cup diced green peppers
- ½ cup diced sweet onion
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring 2 cups Clamato® juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice and simmer until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and cool.
- Slice each pepper in half and clean out membranes and seeds. Place peppers in an 8x8 baking dish. Pour the reserved ½ cup Clamato juice in the bottom of the dish.
- Dice green pepper tops and place in a medium bowl. Add rice, tuna, onion, tomato, and spices. Scoop mixture in each green pepper half. Pack tightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, covered with foil. Remove foil and top with 1 – 2 Tbsp. cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Cooks Tip: Cook rice the day before and allow to cool in the refrigerator overnight.
|Servings Per Container: 6|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.