Recipe Yield: 16
Perfect as an appetizer or as a meal!
- 2 (6.4 oz.) Pouches - Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with chilies, drained well
- 11⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix tuna in a bowl with cumin, chili powder, drained tomatoes and cheese.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut into 8 pieces each. Form into circles about 31⁄2 inches in diameter.
- Place about 1⁄4 cup of the tuna mixture in the center of each circle. Fold in half and seal the edges. (Can be made up to this point and frozen.)
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake until golden brown about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
|Servings Size 1 empanada (75g)|
|Servings Per Container 16|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%|
|Calories from Fat||100|