Recipe Yield: 4
Turn the tables on chicken and rice!
- 1 (12 oz.) Can - Chunk Light Tuna in Water, chunked and drained
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1-1⁄2 tsp. dried dill
- 2 cups water
- 2–1⁄2 cups assorted fresh or frozen and thawed vegetables (peas, corn, sliced carrots, broccoli florets, sliced zucchini and mushrooms)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook rice and onions, stirring until rice is golden and onion is soft.
- Stir in pepper, dill and water. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes or until rice is almost tender. (Not all the liquid will be absorbed.)
- Add vegetables; cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add tuna and 1⁄2 cup cheese, stirring to blend. Serve topped with remaining cheese.
|Servings Per Container 4|
|Servings Size 295g|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
|Includes Added Sugars|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.