Tuna with vegetables and rice
StarKist Member Recipe
Created by: innessa
Other Serving Size
4 cans (4.5 oz each) of Starkist Tuna in Olive oil
2 stalks of celery chopped to small pieces
1 onion chopped to small pieces
1 cup of Okra cut to small pieces ( fresh or frozen)
1 can of Sweet Kernel Corn Salted
1/2 a bunch of parsley chopped.
1/2 of the juice from a fresh lemon
Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil in it.
- Add onion and celery and let it cook for 3-5 min.
- Then add okra to it and let it cook for 1-2 min.
- Then mix in tuna and cook it for 2 min.
- Add drained corn and cook for 1 min.
- Lower the heat and mix in parsley. After that I add squeezed lemon juice and add other spices to your taste.
Very tasty served over rice or with Whole Wheat Pita Bread!