Savory Rice Pilaf
Turn the tables on chicken and rice!
Created By: StarKist
- 1 pouch (6.4 oz.) or 2 pouches (2.6 oz.) or 2 cans (5 oz.) StarKist® Chunk Light or Albacore Tuna in Water (if cans, chunked and drained)
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 2 cups water
- 2–½ cups assorted fresh or frozen and thawed vegetables (peas, corn, sliced carrots, broccoli florets, sliced zucchini and mushrooms)
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook rice and onions, stirring until rice is golden and onion is soft.
- Stir in pepper, dill and water. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes or until rice is almost tender. (not all the liquid will be absorbed).
- Add vegetables; cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add tuna and ½ cup cheese, stirring to blend. Serve topped with remaining cheese.