Charlie’s Corn Chowdah’
Rich and Creamy- perfect for a fall lunch!
Created By: StarKist
- 1 pouch (6.4 oz.) or 2 pouches (2.6 oz) or 2 cans (5 oz) StarKist® Chunk Light or Albacore Tuna (if using cans, drained and chunked)
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced onions
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) canned creamed corn
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. instant bouillon, chicken flavored
- 1 cup water
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat; add celery, onion and carrots and cook about 3 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add flour and thyme; blend well. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add corn, milk, tuna, water and bouillon, stirring to blend. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes to heat through (do not allow to boil).