StarKist Member Recipe
Created by: KarenA
Other Serving Size
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup of milk
2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 1/3 cup Minute Rice
1/2 tsp Oregano
Pepper to taste
1 - 1 lb can whole tomatoes, drained (save tomatoe juice)
1 1/2 cup water
1/2 Onion, thinly sliced
3 - small (5 oz) cans of StarKist Tuna, drained (I use Tuna in Oil)
1/4 cup sliced olives (optional)
1/2 cup (at least) crushed potato chips
- Heat cream of mushroom soup, milk and cheese until cheese has melted.
- Grease shallow baking dish (9x11). Evenly add Minute Rice, Oregano and pepper.
- Drain tomatoes, saving tomato juice and add enough water to equal the 1 1/2 cup in the recipe. (The extra tomato juice just adds to the flavor.) Pour tomato juice/water mixture over rice.
- Slice tomatoes and layer on top of rice.
- Then add layer of sliced onion, layer of tuna and sprinkle with olives.
- Pour soup mixture evenly over top and sprinkle on crushed potato chips.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Note: I first had this casserole at a girlfriend's house in the 60's. I've fixed it frequently ever since and now even my grand-children ask for it.